The Comic Book Price Guide is in Beta
The GoCollect Comic Book Price Guide is in a Beta development phase until March 1, 2014. During this time, we're allowing registered GoCollect users free access to unlock the market and value data for any comic book.
Why the Beta?
Because we want your feedback! We have a ton of valuable comic pricing data available right now that pertains to CGC blue label graded books. However, we've just begun harvesting data on all CGC labels as well as thousands of daily auctions on comics that aren't graded. This Beta phase allows us to give collectors a glimpse of what's to come and gather feedback for improvement along the way.
What happens after March 1, 2014?
Registered users will still have the ability to unlock a certain number of comics free of charge, each month. The number of free unlocks has yet to be determined. We will also be offering a paid subscription plan that provides unlimited and automatic unlocking of all comics in our value database.
Improvements we're focusing on:
- Faster methods for locating/searching individual comics.
- Enhanced search capabilities on Non-graded comic auctions.
- Expanding our comic values database to include a better sampling of yellow, green, purple and red CGC labels.
- Intelligent algorithms to help calculate values of certain grades where no sales exist.
- Including comic marketplaces beyond eBay. Please get in touch if you'd like to include your venue's sales data.